Wednesday, September 22, 2010

MIGUEL ESCUETA: MUSIC IN THE MAKING







Another assuring musical hunk just got the gut and the glorious artistry to make it to the promising musical heyday.



Miguel Escueta is the name queuing and hunkering along the line of young Filipino renowned artists. The uncompromising aesthetic persuasion of his voice extends to the faculty of his physical picture, considerably taking the big pie of the entertainment platform. What more? With Miguel's debut album packaging mostly of his chart-topping all-original compositions; containing his reminiscence and introspection of personal and inter-personal experiences, we can say this young blood has something to prove.




Ateneo was Miguel's academic refuge with obviously grand academic departure. During high school and college, Miguel started as typical freewheeling school boy donning his homework, tying his shoe and dribbling his ball as he himself was a former basketball player of that institution. He has no much ado about anything else, not even singing, save study of course! By creative choice, cuddled by his heart’s content, music will define Miguel Escueta as he speak out his thoughts which brought him right through here.



Now, we have the honor to elicit from this young man some of those really big deals as he narrates...



Any stories to tell before you formally started as a solo artist?

“When I was in high school and college, music was always part of my everyday life. Pero not something serious, just for fun. I was more into studying, basketball. Music was always just at the back. I only decided to peruse this after I graduated in college.”



What is your idealism about music?

“Now that I'm pursuing this career, music is what I love that's why I'm doing this. I think music brings color into the world. Without music everything will be dead.”



What is the hardest part in playing music?

“Hardest part!? [Exclaimed]...I don't find anything hard? You know, every aspect of it is tiring, but we love to do it, so I don't find anything about it so difficult.”



How do you rate your LIVE performances as of the present?

Say (1-10) “Right now, siguro mga 8.”



What do you think is most important, the image of the artist or the image of the music?

“I think the music, because the music must be the image of the performer.”



The first thing we should know about Miguel Escueta?

[A long introspecting pause] “Ang hirap ng mga tanong [laughs]...I guess when you talk about me it would be the things that are important to me are the things that involved family, friends, music, basketball and extracurricular works and of course, the importance of God's presence into my life.”



What sort of advice can you give to your fellow or aspiring musicians?

“Go into this if this is what you love to do because everything must follow after that. Don't be afraid to go for your dreams. Don't let anyone stop you if their's no good reason. 'Di ba, even when the going gets tough, you know you want this then you should find enough inspiration and motivation to continue.”



“...music must be the image of the performer.”



As young as you are and your career, what is success for you?

“Their's still a long way to go, umpisa pa lang. Success could be if you could be able to sell a lot, tons of albums [grinning]. Triple platinum lahat. You know, your songs, your albums will be known nationwide. Then after that success you'll go international.”



How about failure?

“It is not selling [laughs]. Because that's the greatest fiber that you'll be able to spread your music, you want people to love your music. If you'll not be able to do that, then you haven't accomplished what you want.”



Away from being a musician, who would you be?

“I'll be into a multi-national company, in a marketing department working as an assistant brand manager.”



What particular image your song would like to portray?

[Grinning and a whisper of] “World class.”







KNICK KNACKS WITH MIGUEL



If you could invent a new instrument, what would it sound like?

[Grin] “Perhaps the instrument that fixes your vocal pitch automatically, para talagang flawless ang pagkanta mo.”



Do you ever downloaded MP3 from the Internet?

“Secret...[laughs]”



What do you think the world would be like without music?

“Dead, since music is life.”



If you were a song, what song would you be and why?

“If I were a song I would be...”Falling Away,” I mean “Live It,” because that song about living your dreams.”



How would you like your music to evolve?

“I'd like to become more versatile in as a guitar player in terms of chords and chord progressions. To the next album I also want to do faster songs.”



“...even when the going gets tough, you know you want this, then you should find enough inspiration and motivation to continue.”



If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?

“I would make sure to thank all people who made a difference in my life. And when I'm done doing that, I'd do the rest of my time praying.”



If the whole world were listening, what would you say?

“Change [laughs, thinking a lot]...if you have the means, change the world for the better, don't make things worst.”



If you could ask God any one question, what would it be?

“What do I have to do to become successful? Or what do I have to do to be the best musician that I can be.”



What complement you would like to hear?

“I have the potential to become the next big thing...”





♫♫♫

No comments:

Post a Comment