Saturday, September 11, 2010

LOVI POE'S BLOOMING YEARS HERE AND AHEAD



From a teddy bear cuddling lass to a blooming career lady just got caught into our records during our usual pictorial and interview sessions with our local artists. This day (April 16, 2009 respectively) marks the invasion of the beautiful triumvirate of OPM on your beloved 'music authority.' Together with her were other lovely singing bees, Kyla and Rachelle Ann Go.

Well, call it blessing were we've been favored to gather, if not the finest then the best, of our local music industry vocal heroines. And one of them is a multi-media artists Lovi Poe, who's reportedly this time is 'blooming' as we it.

Just a few pieces from Lovi, she is the daughter of the late Fernando Poe, Jr. Nonetheless, never late for some early recognitions and awards. Such as OPM Artist Of The Year by RX 93.1, Artist Breakthrough of Of The Year of SOP, and an applauded album launch and concert at the Music Museum and counting more wit her latest album, “Bloom.” And it did orchestrate to her ambiance as we start the record rolling for her musical thoughts and idealisms.


THE BLOOMY ALBUM TALKS

Lovi mirrors to her second album as her maturity sparks here. For her, it's just getting deeper as she keep paddling on her way to the bosom of her field of enthusiasm. She speaks, “Maybe right now mas naging deeper 'yung way ng pag-perform ko kasi I have more experience now. First time I recorded songs for my 1st album I was 16, so by now I have more experiences.” She even shares the time when she was still snuggling her teddy bear on her debut album. “nu'ng first album kasi first stage 'yun nakahawak pa ako ng teddy bear. So excited ako to show people how I transformed from the first album,” she said.

She made no dichotomy between the song and acting herself – both are whipped with emotions. “There are different emotions per song. For me, it's just like acting. You have to put yourself into character.” She entertains the thought of putting herself to a song or like a song, “City by Sara Bareilles. The girl there she's like sometimes she doesn't feel like singing tonight the same old songs but then she keeps going back there.”

Besides working for herself, she works harmoniously with others too. “I would love working with everyone because every producer that I've worked with they give me different opinions and it's like having a different kind of flavor. With the producers that I worked, some are spontaneous, some are really funny so it sounds happier,” she tells us.

Now she's working on for further questions below.

If you could cover one song from the past, which would you choose?
I guess “Someone That I Used To Love” by Natalie Cole

Tell us in 10 reasons or less why we should buy and listen to your new CD “Bloom”?
First, I wrote a song in the album. Second, Vehnee Saturno wrote two songs, “Dito Sa Puso”, “Sa Pag-iisa”, in the album. Third, nandoon 'yung favorite song ko. It's a revival “Love On A Two Way Street”. Fourth, I have a duet with Aljur Abrenica “Save The Sunlight”. Fifth, my make-up was done by Juan Sarte in the album. Six, I have a version of “This Love” by Maroon 5 in the album. Seven, “Not For Sale” a Tina Arena is also in the album. Eight, we worked so hard for this album. Thank you, Sony Music and last, this album is very special for me in so many ways.

Did you have a specific idea about the kind of sound you wanted to pursue this time around?
I love Jazz music and rock. Some people don't know that I love singing rock songs. Rock and Jazz hopefully if given the chance.

What did you learn from your early experiences making music, and how did that inform this album?
That you have to put your heart into every sound and word. My friend, Gian Magdangal, told me that every time you sing you should be a good story teller. I've realized that it's true. So since he told me that every time I sing I put that in mind and it worked. Every time you sing you tell the story of the song.

How do you think you are evolving?
I was just showing changes in terms of the songs I choose to sing and the way I sing it.

Do you have any particular favorite tracks on the album?
Anything.

Are there any other new instruments that you experimented with on the new album?
When I was in first year high school I tried to play the guitar but I can't. None, for this album.

What are your preparations for this album?
Medyo tumagal 'yung recording kasi I got sick in between so I have to rest for a while before I continue recording but then the preparations siguro I just kept listening to the songs so that I could really get into the music.

Is there any song in the album that you always look forward to perform on stage?
I think “Nais Ko” kasi feel na feel ko 'yung song.

How did this record challenge you as a singer?
I guess because I'm reviving songs it's very challenging and it's hard to meet the same level as the way the original singers did it plus there are songs written by Mr. Vehnee Saturno so it's really really hard kasi the pressure is really high so hopefully I was able to meet his expectations.

What is your personal style when it comes to your music how do you spell it?
I want it a little jazzy. Sometimes when I sing a song I make it a little bit jazzy. I really admire Sara Bareilles and Sarah Mclachlan. I accidentally bought her CD nag-switch kami nu'ng girl na hindi ko kilala. I was actually buying Mariah Carey album tapos nagkapalit kami nakuha ko 'yung Sara Bareilles since then favorite ko na siya.


PART OF GROWING

As a girl just done with her teener years, at least with age, she's 20 now, it's all natural to be a bit or outrightly conscious of her physical and over-all well being. It's a bit harder for her maintaining an image most specially that she's not only a singing diva but a showbiz loud as well. She figures out, “yes, It's hard to actually maintain such thing kasi s'yempre may sari-sarili naman tayong ugali na hindi nakikita ng ibang tao but then for me, I think its okay siguro that's how people look at people from show business.” Nonetheless, being a star herself doesn't preclude her from being a fan girl herself. She admires most specially Regine Velasquez. She confessed, “yes, kay Regine Velasquez lagi akong nastar-struck kahit nakasama ko na siya a lot of times. But more on girls talaga.”

Lovi considers herself accomplished at the 16 all because, “I already had an album at the age of 16.” Having an album, she never, as she confessed to us that she did not actually or not fund at least of downloading materials from the internet. Instead, “I'm more on buying sa i-tunes.” Though, she takes few words for those who are fund of piracy, “everytime when I'm walking around from gym 'tas may nagbebenta ng pirated CDs I'm joking na ipapahuli ko kayo. You know it's very bad and it's so sad kasi for us parang it doesn't do us any good at all especially for recording companies.” She further adds, “yung mga classmates ko nga nagjo-joke na i-download na lang 'yan. Sabi ko no way...I know it's a joke though I know that they download stuffs. I can't do anything about it. Its' hard to stop them mahirap nga namang bumili ng mga CDs ngayon. For us singers, we know how it feels for them. It's hard to judge them 'coz they don't really know how it feels.” It seems through these hard times resistance against them is futile.

What is the best experience you've had so far or have learned, from being on the spotlight?
Siguro when I got to have a duet with the The Moffatts, ngayon Same Same na sila sa first album ko kasi I am a huge fan of them before.

Do you work out a lot?
Sometimes.

How do you stay in touch with friends when you're working so much?
I call them most of the time. I really have to see them as in.

How do you hope to achieve longevity in this business?
Having my heart into it. If you just have the talent but you don't have the heart it's not gonna give you anything.

If you could change one thing in the music industry, what would it be?
Piracy.

What do you think it means for a girl to be strong?
For me, you cannot say that you're strong all the time but in some aspects you are like in certain situations you handle things well. You shouldn't go beyond the limits or even go below.

Anything you want to say to PinoyMag readers?
I just wanna thank them for they are the once who's keeping my passion alive. Sometimes the burning thing is our na but they still keep it alive.

What new fall trends are catching your eye?
Ako kasi Bohemian stuff or anything. I'm more on dresses kasi 'pag tinatamad ako, dress ang sagot ko.

For this summer, long dresses and something loose kasi mainit. Do you guys still shop for fashion bargains?
Yes of course.

What's the most you've spent on one thing if you're treating yourself?
I bought a car for myself so far 'yun lang after that tipid muna.

Is there always pressure to look good?
Look at me now, hindi ako nagsusuklay..just kidding (laughs)

What's the worst thing ever written about you?
Siguro 'yung I'm not a good daughter...not true at all even my family could attest to that but then its okay so all I can say its not true. I'm a good daughter. First time kung mag-vacation at maglalabas ng bahay now that I'm 20.

Biggest misconception about you?
That I'm a quiet type. Sa taping kasi they always say na nasa isang sulok lang ako. Siguro sometime lang naman 'yun.

Does the reality of being a celebrity live up to your expectations?
I really don't have expectations for myself because my mood changes a lot but then all I can say is my passion for music has always been there. Sometimes it gets really tired performing and singing but once you get on the stage and you sing the song that you really like, the passion goes out.

Wouldn't it be fun to be a celebrity especially when younger ones look up to you?
It's actually hard. Even though wala ka sa tapings or you're not really performing on stage even you are just outside you feel like you are still working because you always have to look good. The pressure is always there on what people would say it's kinda hard but for me I don't want to try to please everybody because you cannot please everybody.

What are the fun sides of being a celebrity?
Free stuff. Clothes, shoes, accessories.

You're super busy now, but what do you most like to do when you have some spare time?
I read a lot. Sometimes I go out with my friends.


♫♫♫

No comments:

Post a Comment