Sunday, September 12, 2010

KARYLLE - TIME FOR LETTING GO


“Bouncing back, it’s important to go through all the stages...”

Karylle's album is queuing sizzling hot on all record bars and music store nationwide to inspire, left you up and let go of your stress for once in awhile popping your ear buds with her renditions.
Who would never get over their whatever weighs they have on their shoulders with her single “I'll Never Get Over You, Getting Over Me – simply an original of an all-female group Expose. Nonetheless, a love swerving on the wrong way is telling stories on the airwaves, anyway.

Her album has somewhat a psychological whip. And that grief or sorrows are ladderized in phases. “Denial is when you keep saying ‘I’m okay’ even where you’re not...” is actually the first stage for her. Her original penning “Hulog Ng Langit” reminds her of her memories that hovers her a little bit from her present realities.

Second, Karylle defines another strong color of emotion – anger. “You've Made Me Stronger” by Regine Velasquez and an original by Sheena Easton, “Almost Over You” are instrumental in Karylle's expression of this strong emotion, also paving the way to dealing with her third – depression.

“The Best Of Me” (David Foster/Olivia Newton John) which graced her with a duet with Martin Nievera, is her wand for the four phase, bargaining. In addition to, “Minamahal Kita,” her original composition, “Wala Na Bang Lahat,” her composition with her ex-boyfriend Dingdong Dantes, “Touch Me In The Morning,” by Diana Ross, “I Live For Your Love” by Natalie Cole which is actually lifting for Karylle with her mom as a duet – these hits posited her way of dealing with bargaining, “This is when you bargain if you should stay or you should go.”

Until Karylle sees all these colours turns to peace and calm which she finds new beginning and purpose, she would never get enough getting over with the hits, “Something New In My Life” by Stephen Bishop and “Leaving Yesterday Behind” by an OPM artist Keno. She composes herself saying, “I must let go of it to make way for newer, bigger and better dreams.”

A piece of her, Karylle was born on March 22, 1981 in Manila, Philippines. She finished her studies before joining the entertainment industry. In 2002, she graduated from Ateneo de Manila University with a degree in Communications Technology Management (Comtech). Her last stint is her appearance in the Manny Pacquiao-Oscar de la Hoya boxing match in Las Vegas, Nevada held last December 6, 2008. After the event, she signed a contract with ABS-CBN and become an official Kapamilya, with her first appearance on ASAP'08 on December 14, 2008. Future projects include Maruja with Kristine Hermosa and the Philippine adaptation of Lovers in Paris with KC Concepcion and Piolo Pascual and the grandiose Princess Hours.

She is also an endorser of Bench Body. Karylle also recorded the albums Time to Shine in 2001 and You Make Me Sing in 2005 released under Universal Records.

Which was the most challenging instrument you play on this record?
Piano. It's the only instrument that I play really. The tune of "wala na ba ang lahat" is something that I've been playing on the piano ever since I was a kid.

Can you take a step back and compare it to your past albums?
This is very personal. as I explained in the press con, I'm at the point in my career where I've come to know my audience and I've shared so much of my life with them. From acquaintance, friend na. I've met so much people in concerts and mall shows so I've come to know people I feel comfy sharing how I feel with them na.

How easy or difficult did you think it was to do 'Time For Letting Go'?
Initially, I was very hesitant to do it. But then I got so much e-mail from people asking me about retreats and counseling. As much as gusto ko silang sulatan, wala talagang time kasi everyday may mga sked. So 'yung mga tanong nila sa akin, dito ko sinagot.

How do you prepare for the album?
Well 'yung originals, matagal ko silang nasulat, siguro mga isang taon 'yun ng pagsulat at isang taon na pag-record.

How did you pick out the songs that will be included in the album?
Polyeast EMI gave me a selection of songs that were bagay to the theme of the album.

Can you explain how the writing process works for you this time?
I took a refresher or booster shot workshop with Jim Paredes called “Tapping Into The Creative Universe,” nakakatulong 'yun sa pagtanggal ng creative blocks. Writing has always been my hobby but it's just recently that it has become my passion. I love to write anything and everything in my journals.Sometimes, they can be published and sometimes the random thoughts are just scattered. But I just write and write kasi minsan 'di mo namamalayan, may maganda na palang lumalabas.

How did this album challenge you as a singer?
It's very challenging because it's very personal. The challenge is how to show everyone all your feelings. It's kind of like sharing your biggest secrets with the whole world.

Tell us your favorite line from one of your songs on the album?
"Nangungusap ang 'yong mga mata, kahit malayo ka ikaw ay nakikita." It's from my song called "Minamahal kita." I love it because it was very visual. I wrote it as I passed a field in bacolod , I wonder lang talaga how I could write with such beautiful words but sometimes when inspiration hits and you're very open, you will hear the most beautiful songs in your heart.

What feelings or moods do you want people to take away from listening to this new album?
I think every person has gone through heartbreak. It is something we Filipinos love to relate to especially with music even after the heartbreak, once in awhile. It's nice to reminisce about the heartbreak. It's fun especially when you're at the stage where you can look back at it and laugh because by then you know that you've come out a better person. And I think that when you go through a very bad heartbreak, you know that you loved someone really well and probably changed their lives forever.

You've been working with some of our good artist now, is there any other artist that you still want to work with in the near future?
Yes, I'm very fortunate because I get to work with a lot of world-class artists in ASAP 09.


♫♫♫

1 comment:

  1. Great looking web site. Presume you did a bunch of your very own html coding
    , We at Addhunters shifted this service to a level much higher than the broker concept. you can see more details like this article Property for sale Property in lusail

    ReplyDelete